Tuesday 3 September 2013

Roast Capsicum Dip


Last Friday night I had unexpected visitors.  I wanted to throw together some nibbles and I really wanted a dip but it was the end of the week and supplies were low.  I went searching in my cupboard looking for a can of chickpeas to blend.  No chickpeas.  I did however find a small jar of char-grilled capsicum and decided to use that.  I placed the capsicum pieces into my blender shaking off most of the (sunflower) oil.  I added a handful of fresh basil leaves from my garden, one clove of garlic crushed and finely chopped, a couple of squeezes of fresh lemon juice and whizzed it all up.  I served it with pieces of toasted garlic and herb Naan Bread and some chopped veggies.  My guests loved it!

I will try this again when I can plan ahead and roast 2-3 capsicums myself.  I would then add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil before blending.  In the meantime though I think that I will continue to keep a small jar of char-grilled capsicum in my cupboard in case of another impromptu visit.


~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~

This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment