Tuesday 27 May 2014

BBQ Sauce

This is an easy homemade BBQ sauce.  The base recipe comes from mywholefoodlife.com but of course I have adapted it a little!  I reduced the quantities to ensure that I use it all while it's fresh and substituted Worcestershire sauce with coconut aminos, a soy sauce alternative made from coconut sap available from health food stores.

100 g organic tomato paste
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons coconut aminos*
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Manuka honey or pure maple syrup
ground black pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended.  That's it!


Source/Information:
http://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/03/08/homemade-bbq-sauce/
*Read about coconut aminos:  https://www.coconutsecret.com/Tappingthesap2.html


~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~
This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment