Saturday 6 September 2014

It's a Matter of Motivation

Motivation:  "that which give purpose and direction to behaviour"

When recently attending an afternoon tea with a wonderful spread of goodies, I selected a carrot stick from the table and began to munch on it.  A friend looked across at me and commented, "Look at you, you're so good.  I can't believe you've stuck at it so long!"

Well, it's a matter of motivation . . .

Two years ago I was starting to get a bit desperate.  I was suffering from migraines that lasted for five to six days at a time, one week in every four.

Often during the night I would wake and my head would be pounding.  I'd get up and walk around for a while and take some headache tablets, although that usually seemed to have little effect. Eventually I would go back to bed, slowly lower my head to the pillow, keep my head very still, and try to go back to sleep.  Early in the morning I would wake, again with a pounding head and I would just have to get up and get vertical to try to make it subside a little.  After being up for a while the pounding would fade into the background enough for me to function, to go to work and do my job, but by late afternoon the intensity would begin to creep back again.  By early evening I would struggle to prepare and eat dinner and then I would just have to go straight to bed because the discomfort was becoming unbearable. 

THEN ... I discovered that changing what I put into my body actually worked to reduce the severity of these migraines, and eventually eliminated them!  I just don't look at food the same way anymore.  I don't see this as a diet but a lifestyle change that I am greatly motivated to stick to!



~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~
 
This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment