Monday 15 July 2013

How Can I Feel Full on Salad?

This is a very good question and one I asked myself when I embarked on the detox program and was restricted to largely fish, salad and vegetables for a few weeks.  My job is a busy one and I'm often rushing around meeting deadlines and burning a fair bit of energy, so I'm used to being quite hungry.  In the first couple of days of my detox I packed some allowed between meal snacks expecting to need them but, you know what?  I didn't. 


I have learned that the answer is fats - good fats.  Not all fats are bad and our bodies need certain types of fat to give us energy, to help absorb vitamins and nutrients in the foods we eat, and to fill us up!  So by including things like avocado, nuts, seeds and olive oil in my salads this made me feel satisfied.  Between doing this, and concentrating on drinking my daily quota of water (2-3 litres) between meals, I found myself not feeling hungry.


Read more about fats: http://thankyourbody.com/why-your-body-needs-fat/

















~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~

This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment