Wednesday 3 July 2013

I'm Loving My New Clear Skin!

I guess I've always believed that diet might have a bit of an effect on your skin but tended to think that good skin was largely something you were blessed with, or not.  I am truly amazed at how clear my skin has been since making the decision to do the detox program and permanently change my eating habits.

I don't have blackheads anymore and reckon I could count on one hand the number of pimples I have had in the past ten months - and that's probably only because I've wavered a bit along the way as I'm learning how to organise myself and stick to my new dietary principles.  I don't even break out anymore at that time of the month when the hormones go a bit crazy.  You know I always thought my diet was pretty healthy.  I've never been a big consumer of fast food or soft drinks or even desserts.  I haven't eaten lollies for years and didn't even eat chocolate much.  These were only "sometimes" foods.  Isn't that the mainstream health message we've all been getting for years?  Along with "Eat more fruits and vegetables",
"Eat more whole grains" etc.  I thought I was doing that.  I am beginning to think that the health and nutrition industry, or perhaps it's the marketing side, has done us all a disservice with this choice of wording ie "eat more" instead of "eat only" because I now know that if you are still putting sugary, fatty and processed foods into your body, even if it is only "sometimes", you are still not going to be as healthy, full of energy and as glowing as you can be.

Here are a couple of links for further reading on this topic:

How to Eat Your Skin Beautiful:
http://www.sallyjoseph.com.au/blog/how-to-eat-your-skin-beautiful/

What Your Skin is Telling You:
http://www.delightedmomma.com/2013/06/what-your-skin-is-telling-you.html

~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~

This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment