Friday 4 October 2013

People Who Have Inspired Me: Emily Von Euw

Emily Von Euw
thisrawsomeveganlife.com
Dairy free doesn't have to be boring.  Check out this lady's very inspiring blog.  I have tried Emily's Blueberry Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Cake.
I particularly liked the vanilla ice cream layer so much that I have since made another batch just of that to keep in a container in the freezer for periodic indulgence.  It's all gone now so I need to make another batch, or perhaps try something else.

You do need a really good blender or food processor to make Emily's recipes.  I used a blender because I only have a very small food processor [at the moment that is - maybe Santa will bring me a good food processor for Christmas?].  I found that you also need a fair bit of patience to whizz, and stop, and scrape, and whizz, and stop, and scrape, to blend all the ingredients well.  Maybe not so much with a good food processor?  Anyway it's all worth it!

thisrawsomeveganlife.com

  





Here's the link to the recipe for Blueberry Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Cake.  http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2013/03/blueberry-strawberry-banana-ice-cream.html
Emily's photo, not mine.   She is not only a creative cook but a talented photographer.   My attempt didn't look nearly that good.







~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~

This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment